Tuesday, April 30, 2013

National Honesty Day

April kicks off with a day of lies and it ends with a day of honesty.

National Honesty Day encourages us to be honest today, and everyday. It may not be as popular as April Fool's day, but its intentions are good.

Honesty is a great virtue. If we want people to believe us when its important, then we need to be open and honest all of the time. We all know about the boy who cried wolf. When a wolf actually appeared, no one believed him.

Celebrate National Honesty Day in a completely open and honest way. There are few rules for this special day...actually just one...just be honest. Today gives you an opportunity and a reason to be totally honest and speak your mind.

M. Hirsh Goldberg, former press secretary to a governor of Maryland and author of five books, created National Honesty Day in the early 1990s after spending four years researching and writing The Book of Lies. He created this day because he felt that the month of April, which begins with a  day of lying (April Fools Day), should end on a higher moral note.

Image via One Moms Battle
Here is a list of 10 little white lies we tell on a daily basis provided by Ireland’s number one directory enquiry service

1. "I’m fine"
2. "I’ll be there is two seconds" 
3. "I’ll do it tomorrow"
4."That was delicious"
5. "Sorry I’m late. Traffic was brutal"
6. "I’m only staying for one"
7. "Sorry I missed your call" 
8. "Oh this old thing.. I’ve had it for ages"
9."I’ll be ready in five minutes"
10. "I’ll be home in five minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment