Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to ALL mothers out there!!

This is a special holiday that honors motherhood, maternal bonds, and the positive influence mothers have in society. 

A brief history of Mother's Day in the USA:
In 1868, Ann Jarvis created a committee to establish a "Mother's Friendship Day". The purpose was "to reunite families that had been divided during the Civil War." She wanted to expand this day into an annual memorial for mothers, but she died in 1905 before the celebration became popular. Her daughter, Anna Jarvis, continued her mother's efforts and campaigned to establish Mother's Day first as a U.S. national holiday and then later as an international holiday. The holiday was declared officially by the state of West Virginia in 1910, and the rest of states followed quickly. On May 8, 1914, the U.S. Congress passed a law designating the second Sunday in May as Mother's Day and requesting a proclamation. On May 9, 1914 President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation declaring the first national Mother's Day as a day for American citizens to show the flag in honor of those mothers whose sons had died in war.


Thank you Ann and Anna Jarvis for your efforts in making this a recognized holiday and a day for honoring mothers all around the world.

I want to take this time to honor my mom; she is the most special woman in my life and I love her endlessly. She is my best friend, my mentor, my inspiration, my rock, and I miss her so much. As much as I love living in Israel and being independent, there are days where I just want my mum, to hug and kiss her and cuddle with her. She is one of the most loving and caring people I know and I can't wait to see her and give her the biggest hug in the world. Thank you for always being there for me and supporting me, you truly are an amazing mother and I feel so lucky and privileged to have you in my life. I love you :)
My beautiful mum
   My mum and I <3<3<3

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet words. You are the kindest, sweetest, smartest and most beautiful person I know and, it is a.pleasure and honor to be your Mum. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete